everything about LES CAHIERS DE DOUAI

 

LET'S TALK ABOUT LES CAHIERS DE DOUAI


I'm not a big fan of poems and poetry, but I had to read Les Cahiers de Douai for school this year. I have to admit that I quite enjoyed it. What I loved the most about it was the story around this collection. Did you know Arthur Rimbaud was only 17 when he wrote it, and it is a pure masterpiece? He also wrote it during two runaways to Belgium (he was French). I loved how, as a teenager, he denounced social issues.



A LITTLE BIT OF CONTEXT ABOUT LES CAHIERS DE DOUAI


As I mentioned, Arthur Rimbaud wrote Les Cahiers de Douai when he was 17 years old, in 1870, during a time when France was at war with Prussia. Life wasn't easy, and people couldn't express themselves freely. Napoleon III, an emperor, was ruling the country with an iron fist. The collection is composed of 22 poems in 2 books. It is still taught in schools in France today.





WHAT TO READ IF YOU LIKED LES CAHIERS DE DOUAI

As I said before, I am not a big fan of poetry, so I do not have many poetry recommendations to give you. However, I could suggest Milk and Honey by Rupi Kaur. I thought it was great.


FAVOURITE QOTE FROM LES CAHIERS DE DOUAI

On est pas serieux quand on a dix-sept ans (we are not serious when we are seventeen yers old)


A "LES CAHIERS DE DOUAI"'S PLAYLIST

She's on my mind-JP Cooper

If you Stay-Alex Hepburn

My future-Billie Eillish

Beachside-E66S

Players-Coi Leray

Hey Lovers-The Daughters Of Eve

Smile-Lily Allen





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

everything about DIRE L'AMOUR

Everything about: SIX OF CROWS