Everything about MADAME BOVARY

 LET'S TALK ABOUT MADME BOVARY


I have to admit that I didn't read that novel because it was on my shelf, but rather because my 8th-grade teacher made us read it. And I must say, I quite liked it, to be honest. I personally loved the way the life of Emma Bovary was deeply analyzed and depicted. It was really interesting to read about her life, which is probably comparable to that of many middle-class French women of the 19th century. The long descriptions are particular yet impressive, and that is one of the strengths of "Madame Bovary".




A LITTLE CONTEXT ABOUT "MADAME BOVARY"



"Madame Bovary" was written in 1857 by Gustave Flaubert, a French novelist. It was first published as a serial serialized novel, but after a few installments, the printer decided to stop printing it because he considered the book immoral, particularly regarding religious matters. Flaubert was even sued because of the message it conveyed and the society it depicted.




WHAT TO READ IF YOU LIKED "MADAME BOVARY"


If you actually liked reading "Madame Bovary," I recommend you read "Thérèse Raquin," a novel by Émile Zola, who is, in my opinion, one of the greatest French novelists of the 19th century. I would also recommend another of his novels: "Nana." Both of these books, like "Madame Bovary," are classics about femme fatales or morbid stories that denounce high society and its vices, which is really enjoyable.





5 WORDS ABOUT "MADAME BOVARY"



"The original Femme fatale" (that's 4 words but you get me)


A "MADAME BOVARY" PLAYLIST


Womanizer-Britney Spears

Maneater-Nelly Furtado

Srawberry shortcake-Melanie Martinez

Gingerbread  man-Melanie Martinez

My strange addiction-Billie Eillish

Little Death-The Neighbourhood

Sex money feelings die-Lykke Li

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Everything about : CHARLOTTE

Everything about: SIX OF CROWS